THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO AND BETWEEN
The Institute of Packaging (S.A.)
(hereinafter referred to as "IPSA ")
(hereinafter referred to as "the Participant")
As a condition of your use of the Student Gold Pack site, you warrant to IPSA that you will not use the Student Gold Pack site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms & conditions or any other terms, conditions or notices appearing anywhere on Student Gold Pack site. You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
In particular, you agree not to:
* use of the Student Gold Pack site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others;
* publish, distribute, e-mail, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
* use any automated scripting tools or software;
* engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited e-mailing or spamming via Student Gold Pack site;
* impersonate any person or entity;
* upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available using Student Gold Pack site any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilize other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation;
* breach any applicable laws or regulations.
IPSA has no obligation to monitor any user's use of the Student Gold Pack site, however IPSA retains the right at all times to monitor, retain and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Agreement for the protection and assignment of Intellectual Property
1. The Institute for Packaging (SA) ("IPSA") is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development of the art and science of packaging in South Africa, and to this end, representing the interests of its members in South Africa.
2.The IPSA Student Gold Pack awards programme ("Student Gold Pack Awards") is a prestigious event in the South African packaging industry calendar aimed at promoting awareness of packaging design and packaging science to students.
3. As part of the Student Gold Pack Awards, IPSA shall include project briefs for registered students ("eligible students") where eligible students will be given a brief to develop a product and its packaging to meet the requirements of the project brief ("the project brief").
4. In order to compete in the project brief brand owners have made available to all eligible students relevant artwork and brand guidelines hereafter referred to as the 'Intellectual Property', to use for the design of the packaging item.
5. All eligible students are required to indicate their agreement to a legal undertaking, in the form of this agreement, acknowledging that the Intellectual Property is only being made available to them for the sole and exclusive purpose of creating the pack mock-up as required by their participation in the project brief and may not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than in participating in this project brief.
6. The brand owners are and remain the lawful proprietor of all the material which comprises the Intellectual Property.
7. The Intellectual Property may only be used for the sole purpose of enabling the eligible students to participate in the competition. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall have no right to appropriate, use or exploit any of the Intellectual Property for any other purpose.
8. The parties acknowledge that any use and exploitation of Intellectual Property, which falls outside the scope of this mandate, shall be unauthorized and shall amount to an infringement of its intellectual property, thus rendering the offending party liable.
9. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that by selecting to click on the "I agree" button below, an enforceable agreement comes into existence and he/she/it shall accordingly be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.